SD Developmental Center
Business Category: SDDC, Developmental Disability Care, Human Services, Mental Health Services, Redfield
Redfield, SD 57469
| Barb Ablin, Director
17267 West 3rd Street
Redfield, SD 57469-1001
| For info on current job openings:
Human Resources (605) 472-4400
SDDC Job Openings
The mission of the South Dakota Developmental Center is to provide
individualized treatment services and supports to people with
developmental disabilities and challenging behaviors only when
needed services are not available in a community setting.
SDDC will incorporate Person Centered Practices to:
- Foster a learning environment that supports a cooperative partnership resulting in people having positive control over their lives.
- Utilize practices that assist in determining what is important "to" each person served in addition to what is important "for" theperson.
- Enhance, reinforce, and strengthen a person's natural supports whenever possible.
- Promote independence and instill a sense of self-determination and well-being.
- Provide high-quality standards of services which support a therapeutic environment and result in a balanced life for the person.